Acknowledgment and Acceptance of Terms
You may be referred to as “You” or “Mentee”. You may not create an account if you are 13 years or younger without parental consent. If you are 13 years or younger, please have your parents or legal guardian email firstname.lastname@example.org.
What personal information do we actively collect from people that visit our website?
To access or take advantage of features of our site, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, age, and gender (“Personal Information”). This required information is necessary for us to provide the mentor services, including processing transactions, issuing a new password if the Mentee forgets or loses the password, and contacting the Mentee should the need arise in connection with providing our service. When signing up for a membership, you may be asked to enter your name, email address and credit card information.
What personal information do we passively collect from people that visit our website?
In addition to the Personal Information that the Mentee actively provides to us, we or our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies to automatically collect information about the Mentee when the Mentee uses the Site. This information may include demographic information, browser type, operating system, clickstream data, IP addresses, mobile device identifiers and other information. We and our service providers use the following methods to automatically collect such information:
- Web Beacons. We may include small graphic images called web beacons, also known as “Internet tags” or “clear gifs,” in our web pages and e-mail messages. Web beacons may be invisible to the Mentee, but any electronic image inserted into a web page or email can act as a web beacon. We may use web beacons or similar technologies for a number of purposes, including, without limitation, to count the number of visitors to the Site, to monitor how users navigate the Site, to count how many e-mails that we sent were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about the Mentee’s interactions with the Site. It is temporarily downloaded onto the Mentee’s computer from our web server or a third party we work with, is active only while the Mentee is connected to the Site, and is deleted or deactivated thereafter. Mobile Device Identifiers: Certain mobile service providers uniquely identify mobile devices and we or our third-party service providers may receive such device information if the Mentee accesses the Site through mobile devices. Certain features of the Site may require collection of mobile phone numbers and we may associate that phone number with the mobile device identifiers. Additionally, some mobile phone service providers operate systems that pinpoint the physical location of devices that use their service. Depending on the provider, we and our third-party service providers may receive this information. If we associate any such passively-collected information with Personal Information about the Mentee, we will treat the combined information as Personal Information.
How do we use your information?
We may use the information we collect from you when you register, sign up for a membership, or otherwise enter information on the site in the following ways: – Send the Mentee e-mail or mobile communications, such as newsletters and promotional offers, on behalf of Trilogy Mentors or third parties
- Send the Mentee information regarding the Site, including features, products or services
- Contact the Mentee with regard to surveys or Promotions in which the Mentor has participated
- Complete a transaction or authorize a service that the Mentee has requested
- Verify the accuracy of information the Mentee submitted to us
- Collect and respond to reports of inappropriate conduct by visitors to the site
- Conduct aggregate research or analyze the performance of our products or services
- Monitor, administer or improve the Site or develop future web sites
- Audit the use of the Site – Customize the advertising and other content on the Site
- For internal business purposes or the purposes disclosed at the time the Mentee provides his or her information.
We do not rent, sell or share your personal information or personalized data to unaffiliated organizations except to provide the products or services you have requested, when we have your permission, or when required by applicable law or regulation.
Disclosure of Information
We will only disclose our Mentor’s information to our Mentees once the family member has agreed to the Terms and Conditions of our site as well as gone through the interview process with someone at Trilogy Mentors to ensure the safety of our Mentors. The Mentees and Mentee’s family members on our site will only have access to the name, biography, school information, CPR certification and car information the Mentor has given to Trilogy Mentors.
We may, in our sole discretion, share with third parties, information that is not associated with the Mentee’s name or identity, such as web site usage information, anonymous demographic information, and aggregate user statistics. Trilogy Mentors will not sell or rent any of the Mentee’s Personal Information to third parties.
Legal and Safety Obligations
How do we protect your information?
To protect your personal information, we take reasonable precautions and follow industry best practices to make sure it is not inappropriately lost, misused, accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed.
In addition, your personal information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential.
You always have the right to request Company delete or correct the information held about you. If you wish to alter, access or remove content please contact us at email@example.com.
We do not sell, trade or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information unless we provide users with advance notice. This does not include website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release information when it’s release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising or other users.
Google’s advertising requirements can be summed up by Google’s Advertising Principles. They are put in place to provide a positive experience for users. (https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en). We have not enabled Google AdSense on the Site, but we may do so in the future.
Changes to this Statement
The Company has the discretion to update this Privacy Statement at any time. When we do, we will also revise the “updated” date at the top of this page. We encourage you to review this Privacy Statement each time you access this site to stay informed about our use of your information. Access or use of the site is subject to the current version of the Privacy Statement.
California Online Privacy Protection Act
- You may visit our site anonymously
- You can change your personal information by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act) Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) regulates the collection of personal information from children under the age of 13 years old. The Federal Trade Commission, United States’ consumer protection agency, enforces the COPPA Rule, which spells out what operators of websites and online services must do to protect children’s privacy and safety online.
As we market to and collect information from children under 13, we strictly adhere to the following COPPA tenants:
Operators Collecting Information. The following operators are used in the collection of private information:
Trilogy Mentors email@example.com
Amazon Web Services https://amazon.com/contact-us/
How is personal information collected and how will it be used?
We collect participants names, email address, gender, phone number, mailing address and age. The personal information will be used to assess the Mentee’s current educational needs, match the Mentee with a Company Mentor and provide resources for the Mentee’s educational development. In addition, the personal information will be used to contact the participant with more information regarding mentors and resources.
Parents rights. In compliance with the COPPA, we agree that:
• We won’t require a child to disclose more information than is reasonably necessary to complete the online assessment
• You have the right to review your child’s personal information
• You may direct us to delete your child’s personal information by email
• You may restrict us from further collecting or using your child’s information by email
• You may agree to the collection and use of your child’s information, but may still opt to not allow disclosure to third parties except as required to conduct the service
Exercise of Parental Rights. To exercise these rights or for any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Transforming Tutoring Through Online Academic Mentorship
Trilogy’s online learning platform connects students to academic support anytime, anywhere.